Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

New Beginnings

As many of you may not know, I'm embarking on a new journey this week.  While I am lucky enough to continue to live my life in a sports bra, I will doing so in a very different way.  Almost a year ago my friend Danett invited me to join her for hot yoga.  I had never really done any type of yoga at that time let alone HOT!  I was very nervous, but excited to try something new.  We went to Huntington Beach Hot Yoga (HBHY).  HBHY teaches the Dayton Method which is similar to Bikram.  It is a 90 minute class of 28 postures and 2 breathing exercises in a 105 degree room with 45% humidity.  I enjoyed my first taste of hot yoga.  It was uncomfortable and extremely sweaty and I wan't very good at it, but I liked it.  The second time I went I hated it, but for some reason I went back.  Then I went back again and again.  Soon I was inviting others (mostly my friends from CrossFit) to join me.  In April I signed up for a 30 day challenge.  I did at least one 90 minute hot yoga class at HBHY for 30 consecutive days.  I felt amazing.  I felt accomplished.  Sure I was sore and my hips hurt, but nothing compared to soreness I often experience with CrossFit.  Tomorrow I begin a 200 hour Hot Yoga Teacher Training.  6 Days a week, 8 hours a day for 4 weeks.  I'm very excited.  I'm also nervous.  Goodbye job.  Goodbye CrossFit Costa Mesa.  Goodbye social life.  See you in August!


New favorite sports bra.  Lululemon Free to Be Bra.

New favorite author.  Paulo Coehlo.

1 comment:

  1. Yea Erica!! It made me so happy to see you wrote a blog post :) I love you and I'm proud of you for doing something new and challenging... not to mention I admire you for sticking with the discomfort that is HOT yoga!
    Love,
    your favorite follower :)

    ReplyDelete